Shauna Solari, Director of College and Career Readiness -  209-887-8342
Nicole Holguin, Media/Career Center Technician -  209-887-8331 



FORMS: Use this link above to access Delta Articulation information, sample resume and thank you letter, request for a work permit, laptop check out form, and local scholarship application (when available). 

LINKS: Click for college testing information, college applications, FAFSA, scholarship search engines, career exploration and NCAA clearing house.

PRESENTATIONS: Informational presentations.

The Career Center and Jack Molini Library is open most days until 4:00. with the Success Shop tutoring program available to students Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 3:15-4:30, and before schools on Wednesdays and Fridays from 7:15 - 8:05, where qualified teachers are available to provide student's additional academic support.  Library materials may be checked out upon presentation of a Linden High School identification card.  Books may be checked out for three weeks and renewed if there is no request and/or hold for the books.  Periodicals may be checked out overnight.  Students are expected to be responsible for returning library materials on time.  Internet computer use is available with free printing for all students.  Lost or damaged items are the responsibility of students.  Fees for the school are paid in the Jack Molini Library.  Lost and found is also located in the Molini Library.

Career Center

The Linden Community Career Center provides college and employment-related services for students and community members.  The goal of the center is to help students and the community gain a solid understanding of real workplace experiences through a variety of career exploration activities, such as mentoring, job shadowing, career guidance workshops, lecture series, and Work Experience programs.

The Linden Community Career Center also provides extensive post-secondary (college, university, or career technical education) assistance.  Numerous college catalogs, in addition to Internet College search access, allow students to explore the many different opportunities available after graduation.  Information about financial aid and scholarship opportunities can be found in the Career Center.  Workshops on college planning and financial aid/scholarships are offered throughout the year.  Students are invited to meet with representatives from several colleges who visit the Career Center throughout the year to discuss specific admission requirements for their particular college.  Information on various tests including the PSAT, SAT, ACT, AP, and ASVAB is located in the Career Center. The Career Center has information on SAT/ACT and AP prep courses and sample test books.

The Career Center also provides access to local business partners to promote the connection between in-class experiences and future jobs.  All of the above programs are designed to develop competence, confidence and help students in the pursuit of successful careers and citizenship.  The Linden Community Career Center is open daily.  Students are encouraged to drop in and meet with the Career Center Director to discuss personal college and career goals.  Call the Career Center at (209) 887-8331.

Planning for College

Linden High School utilizes a variety of Internet-based programs that provide interest inventories, career planning articles, career videos, college search tools, and more. One specific program is called California Career Zone, which can be accessed at www.cacareerzone.org. This is a free site and contains many valuable tools for college and career search.

The following information is provided as a guide for students who plan on attending college. For the most current and up-to-date information, check the websites for the university or college the student is interested in or check with the Career Center Director.

Community College Entrance Requirements

Graduating from high school or reaching the minimum age of 18 years is the only requirement for community college admission. There are no subject or grade requirements. However, the better prepared a student has in high school, the better the chances for success at community college. San Joaquin Delta College is a community college that provides service to the students at Linden HS. Please refer to their website at www.deltacollege.edu for specific information. For information about the programs at the numerous other California Community Colleges, please go to www.cccco.edu.

On-Line Classes via the Community College

Linden High School is happy to provide students with the opportunity to take classes through an approved community college as a part of the student's seven-period schedule.  Students must be in good standing academically and have prior approval through the Career Center Director or Principal.  Students are not permitted to take an online community college class in lieu of an offered class at Linden High School. An exception may be granted by the principal only when severe extenuating circumstances prevent the student from enrolling in a required course at Linden High School.  Summer courses at the community college level are allowed, providing the course is pre-approved by the Career Center Director or Principal.

For more information on how to apply to San Joaquin Delta Community go to http://www.deltacollege.edu/dept/ar/admissions/process/index.html and follow the 5 Step Process.

In addition, students who are still in high school must complete the College Early Start form which may be found at http://www.deltacollege.edu/dept/ar/admissions/k12college.html  This form may also be picked up in the Career Center.  This form must have a signature from a representative at Linden High School and be mailed to:  San Joaquin Delta College - Admissions & Records, Holt 101, 5151 Pacific Ave., Stockton, CA 95207.  Students may not enroll in classes until this is received at SJ Delta College each term.

Steps to enrolling in a Community College course:

After completing the above steps, students may go online and enroll in college courses.  For students wishing to attend  San Joaquin Delta College, a Delta ID number and email account will be assigned after the application is received. To locate this ID number and email address, go to http://www.deltacollege.edu/ under "Current Students" and click on "online registration" then log-in using your social security number and birth date.  Your Delta ID number and student email address will appear directly under the "welcome" information.  It is crucial that students check their assigned Delta email account as important announcements are sent there. To enroll in a class, locate the name of the class and follow the prompts for adding that specific class to your schedule.  For online courses, be sure that course is specified as being an online course. If a class is full, add yourself to the waiting list for the course.  On many occasions, students are added or additional sections of the class are opened based on the demand.

Steps to taking an online course while attending Linden HS:

1.       Start early!  Community College courses can fill up very quickly!  Listen for LHS bulletin announcements and visit the college websites to be sure you know when the enrollment periods open and close.

2.       Complete the online application as soon as possible.  This application is good for up to two years, however, high school students must re-apply each semester.  IMPORTANT!  Remember the password and user IDs you create!  These are key items for future college application success!

3.       Take the Assessment/Placement test as soon as possible.  If you are not satisfied with your score you may have an opportunity for a repeat test.  This is arranged through the college.

4. Pay the tuition following the rules and requirements and purchase your college books prior to the first day of class.

5. The grade you receive in a college course is permanent.  It will always be on your college transcript.

How to Claim Articulation Credit  at San Joaquin Delta College 

If you have taken any of the courses on the List of Articulated Courses, you may wish to exercise your right to obtain college credit by completing ALL of the following criteria (Effective 05/13/08):

  1. Successfully complete the courses according to the articulation agreement between the high school and Delta College.
  2. File an Application for Admission to San Joaquin Delta College (Online Application Access)
  3. Request credit within two years of course completion or no later than two years after high school graduation.
  4. File an Application for College Credit AND submit Official/Sealed Transcripts from High School/Secondary School to the Admissions and Records Office, DeRicco Student Services Building, Lobby.

If you have any questions, please contact the Admissions Office at (209) 954-5151 Ext. 6181, or the College Articulation Officer at (209) 954-5248.

The Application for College Credit is located under the Forms link at the top of this page.


Should I take the ACT or the SAT?

Both tests are equally measured for college admissions. It is up to the student to research each test and determine if one fits their personal testing styles more than the other. Some students feel one test may cater to their needs better than the other. A good place to check the comparisons of the two tests is at www.studypoint.com/ed/act-vs-sat/.

The ACT measures: http://www.actstudent.org/

  • English
  • Mathematics (through Algebra II/Trig)
  • Reading
  • Science
  • Writing (optional)- required for UC's

The SAT measures: http://www.collegeboard.org/

  • Critical reading, including sentence completion and passage-based questions.
  • Math (through Algebra II, but not Trig)
  • Writing, including multiple-choice questions and a written essay.

The ACT and the SAT test your knowledge of the fundamentals of high school education. The two tests are guided by different philosophies, and the two exams have different formats and test different subject matter. These differences are significant enough that you might feel much more comfortable taking one test rather than the other.

All students must upload their photo when registering for this test online.  For more information go to www.sat.org or www.actstudent.org or come into the Career Center.

Sending Test Scores to Colleges


Send your SAT scores to ALL CSU campuses for one price by using college code 3594.

Send your SAT scores to one UC and they will be available to all UC campuses. 


For ACT: Send your scores to one CSU and your scores will be sent to all California State Universities to which you apply. The same policy applies to UC - send scores to one campus and they are available to all UC's. Use the ACT Scores manager at http://links.schoolloop.com/link/

Use code 9999 to send SAT and ACT scores to NCAA and code 9876 to send scores to NAIA.

How important are grades when applying for college?

  • Remember freshman grades will be on your transcript and will be calculated as a part of your cumulative (overall) high school GPA.  Cumulative GPAs are routinely used for scholarship program qualifications and other honors and awards.
  • D grades in any college prep classes, including the freshman year, are regarded as "subject deficiencies" for college admissions.
  • College prep GPAs are calculated using ONLY college prep classes (marked as "p" on the high school transcript); most colleges use sophomore and junior college prep classes as the basis for college admissions
  • The strength of the senior year is also a factor in most college admissions.
  • CSU requires a minimum GPA of 2.0
  • Most CSU campuses require higher GPAs due to increased enrollment OR choice of study.
  • Establish an account at http://www.californiacolleges.edu/ and http://www.calstateapply.edu/.
  • UC requires a minimum GPA of 3.0; competitive admission: generally, GPA of 3.6 and higher.
  • Check UC website for admissions policies for each university: http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/admissions/freshman/requirements/index.html
  • For private or out-of-state colleges please refer to each college's website GPA requirements.


Should I contact my future college or university?

If you are interested in a college, check out their website for important information.It is highly recommended for students, instead of parents/guardians, to contact their future college or university with any questions. Private and very selective colleges/universities might use the contacts made by a student to determine an applicant's true interest in the college as opposed to a "stealth candidate" who merely applies using the Common Application process.

What is a Common Application?

When using a Common Application please inform the Career Center Director. Here is the web site -  https://www.commonapp.org/CommonApp/default.aspx 

I plan to play sports in college; what do I need to do?

There are 2 different athletic governing bodies, NCAA and NAIA.  Check with your college to see which body governs their athletic program.

In order to play Division 1 or 2 Collegiate Athletics, you must be cleared through the NCAA Clearinghouse.  This includes 16 required core courses, GPA minimum and SAT or ACT score minimums.



The NAIA requires a student to graduate in the top half of their class, has a minimum GPA and SAT/ACT score requirement.


How do I apply for financial aid?

[DO NOT go to fafsa. com-they will charge you to complete the application.]

Cal Grants:

The Career Center will electronically submit your Cal Grant GPA to the Student Aid Commission. There is NO NEED for you to fill out a paper GPA Verification form.  A Cal Grant GPA is based on sophomore and junior college prep courses.  It is an "unweighted" GPA.  The deadline is March 2nd. For more information, visit http://www.csac.ca.gov/

California Information Privacy Act
     State and federal laws protect an individual’s right to privacy regarding information pertaining
to oneself. The California Information Practices Act of 1977 requires the following information be
provided to financial aid applicants who are asked to supply information about themselves. The
principal purpose for requesting information on this form is to determine your eligibility for
financial aid. Commission policy and the policies of the postsecondary institutions to which you are
applying for aid authorize maintenance of this information. Furnishing information that is requested
on this form is mandatory. Failure to provide such information will delay and may even prevent your
receipt of financial assistance. This form’s information may be transmitted to other state agencies and
the federal government if required by law. Individuals have the right access to records established
from information furnished on this form as it pertains to them. The Education Code of the State of
California gives the Commission the authority (in consultation with postsecondary educational
institutions) to make this form available.
     The officials responsible for maintaining the information contained on this form are the Executive
Director of the Commission and the financial aid administrators at the institutions to which you are
applying for financial aid. The SSN is used to verify your identity under the record-keeping systems
established prior to January 1, 1975, pursuant to the authority of the Commission, the California State
University, and California Community Colleges contained in Title 5, California Administrative Code
Section 41201, and the authority of the Regents of the University of California under Article IX,
Section 9, of the California Constitution. The Commission and California public postsecondary
education institutions, in compliance with federal statutes and the Equal Protection Clause of the
California Constitution, do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, or physical disability in any of their policies, procedures, or practices. Inquiries regarding
these policies may be directed to the Commission and to the financial aid office of the school or
college admissions office to which you are applying.


Set up accounts at http://www.fastweb.com/ and http://www.collegeboard.com/ for access to scholarship search engines


Success Shop

Students, who wish to receive help with assignments, need tutoring in a subject, or want to use the computer lab for projects, may go to the Success Shop in the Molini Library, after school Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday (3:15 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.) or before school from 7:15 - 8:05 on Wednesdays and Fridays.

Work Permits

Work permits will be issued in the Career Center/Library between 8:00 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. each day.  The first step in getting a work permit is to pick up a Request for a Work Permit Form from the library.  This form may also be downloaded from the FORMS LINK at the top of this page. Students should go to the Career Center for more information.  During summer vacation the high school office issues work permits. 

Forms & Presentations